Barking & Dagenham College explores merger with Havering College
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s largest college is considering plans to merge with a second further education institution.
Barking & Dagenham College in Dagenham Road is exploring a “more formal partnership” with Havering College of Further & Higher Education in Romford.
In a statement issued yesterday, a spokeswoman for the college said the two institutes had “worked closely together for many years”, in particular under the Thames Gateway College brand.
She added that both were participating in area reviews in line with national government agenda.
“The reviews are intended to create ‘more resilient and efficient’ colleges, which can effectively respond to the needs of learners and employers across the region, through collaboration and greater specialisation,” she said, adding: “Both colleges are currently exploring a more formal partnership.”
You may also want to watch:
Talks are ongoing but no formal decision has been made, the spokeswoman confirmed.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street