Barking & Dagenham College explores merger with Havering College
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s largest college is considering plans to merge with a second further education institution.
Barking & Dagenham College in Dagenham Road is exploring a “more formal partnership” with Havering College of Further & Higher Education in Romford.
In a statement issued yesterday, a spokeswoman for the college said the two institutes had “worked closely together for many years”, in particular under the Thames Gateway College brand.
She added that both were participating in area reviews in line with national government agenda.
“The reviews are intended to create ‘more resilient and efficient’ colleges, which can effectively respond to the needs of learners and employers across the region, through collaboration and greater specialisation,” she said, adding: “Both colleges are currently exploring a more formal partnership.”
You may also want to watch:
Talks are ongoing but no formal decision has been made, the spokeswoman confirmed.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters