Barking & Dagenham College explores merger with Havering College
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s largest college is considering plans to merge with a second further education institution.
Barking & Dagenham College in Dagenham Road is exploring a “more formal partnership” with Havering College of Further & Higher Education in Romford.
In a statement issued yesterday, a spokeswoman for the college said the two institutes had “worked closely together for many years”, in particular under the Thames Gateway College brand.
She added that both were participating in area reviews in line with national government agenda.
“The reviews are intended to create ‘more resilient and efficient’ colleges, which can effectively respond to the needs of learners and employers across the region, through collaboration and greater specialisation,” she said, adding: “Both colleges are currently exploring a more formal partnership.”
You may also want to watch:
Talks are ongoing but no formal decision has been made, the spokeswoman confirmed.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils