Barking & Dagenham pupils spell for peace
Barking & Dagenham pupils lined up to spell out ‘Peace Week’ at Daggers stadium
SCHOOL children marked London Week of Peace at Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club last week.
The 99 pupils from Eastbrook Comprehensive School, Dagenham, lined up in the new stand of the stadium to spell out the words “Peace Week.”
The theme of this year’s London Week of Peace is ‘Giving Back’ and focuses on individuals who contribute selflessly to their communities.
Peace Week in Barking and Dagenham was launched at Eastbury Comprehensive School, Barking, on September 20, where representatives from the council, schools, police and community groups released 17 white doves – one for every ward in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
The London Week of Peace was launched in 2001 in Haringey.
Last year there were over 450 events across all 33 London boroughs.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets