Barking dancers appear in Olympic-themed show
Barking Abbey dancers performed in an Olympic-themed show on the Southbank.
Nearly 50 schools, including the secondary in Sandringham Road, Barking, participated in Step Live! on July 7.
Around 780 students gave show-stopping performances featuring hip-hop, musical theatre and cheerleading at the Southbank Centre.
Artistic director, Sue Goodman, said: “This has been quite a Herculean task but we made it.
“All our dancers thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We look forward to creating more enriching opportunities for our dancers next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The day-long extravaganza also featured African dance and capoeira demonstrations and a dance battle at the skate park on the Southbank in Waterloo.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham