Barking dancers appear in Olympic-themed show
Barking Abbey dancers performed in an Olympic-themed show on the Southbank.
Nearly 50 schools, including the secondary in Sandringham Road, Barking, participated in Step Live! on July 7.
Around 780 students gave show-stopping performances featuring hip-hop, musical theatre and cheerleading at the Southbank Centre.
Artistic director, Sue Goodman, said: “This has been quite a Herculean task but we made it.
“All our dancers thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We look forward to creating more enriching opportunities for our dancers next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The day-long extravaganza also featured African dance and capoeira demonstrations and a dance battle at the skate park on the Southbank in Waterloo.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils