Barking dancers appear in Olympic-themed show
Barking Abbey dancers performed in an Olympic-themed show on the Southbank.
Nearly 50 schools, including the secondary in Sandringham Road, Barking, participated in Step Live! on July 7.
Around 780 students gave show-stopping performances featuring hip-hop, musical theatre and cheerleading at the Southbank Centre.
Artistic director, Sue Goodman, said: “This has been quite a Herculean task but we made it.
“All our dancers thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We look forward to creating more enriching opportunities for our dancers next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The day-long extravaganza also featured African dance and capoeira demonstrations and a dance battle at the skate park on the Southbank in Waterloo.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters