Barking kids club needs your vote to win £3,000 prize
- Credit: Archant
A children’s club needs your votes to be in with a chance of landing a £3,000 prize pot.
Barking Kidz Klub has been shortlisted for the Lloyds Bank Community Fund in Barking and Dagenham, if chosen they will be one of only two candidates to win the grant in the borough.
The free club runs weekly activities at Gascoigne Primary School, Barking, and aims to combine fun and games for five to 11 year olds with “non-threatening” exploration of Christianity, said co-founder Muriel Kakoni.
“The Lloyds Bank Community Fund will make a huge difference to Barking Kidz Klub by enabling us to support local primary schools, making a difference to the lives of hundreds of children in Barking and Dagenham.
“Please vote for Barking Kidz Klub,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The community fund aims to provide grants to support more than 1,300 local good causes in villages, towns and cities across England, Wales and the Isle of Man. The two runner-up candidates will each receive £300.
Voting is open until November 1, visit lloydsbank.com/communityfund to vote.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory