Barking kids club needs your vote to win £3,000 prize
- Credit: Archant
A children’s club needs your votes to be in with a chance of landing a £3,000 prize pot.
Barking Kidz Klub has been shortlisted for the Lloyds Bank Community Fund in Barking and Dagenham, if chosen they will be one of only two candidates to win the grant in the borough.
The free club runs weekly activities at Gascoigne Primary School, Barking, and aims to combine fun and games for five to 11 year olds with “non-threatening” exploration of Christianity, said co-founder Muriel Kakoni.
“The Lloyds Bank Community Fund will make a huge difference to Barking Kidz Klub by enabling us to support local primary schools, making a difference to the lives of hundreds of children in Barking and Dagenham.
“Please vote for Barking Kidz Klub,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The community fund aims to provide grants to support more than 1,300 local good causes in villages, towns and cities across England, Wales and the Isle of Man. The two runner-up candidates will each receive £300.
Voting is open until November 1, visit lloydsbank.com/communityfund to vote.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted