Barking kids club needs your vote to win £3,000 prize
- Credit: Archant
A children’s club needs your votes to be in with a chance of landing a £3,000 prize pot.
Barking Kidz Klub has been shortlisted for the Lloyds Bank Community Fund in Barking and Dagenham, if chosen they will be one of only two candidates to win the grant in the borough.
The free club runs weekly activities at Gascoigne Primary School, Barking, and aims to combine fun and games for five to 11 year olds with “non-threatening” exploration of Christianity, said co-founder Muriel Kakoni.
“The Lloyds Bank Community Fund will make a huge difference to Barking Kidz Klub by enabling us to support local primary schools, making a difference to the lives of hundreds of children in Barking and Dagenham.
“Please vote for Barking Kidz Klub,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The community fund aims to provide grants to support more than 1,300 local good causes in villages, towns and cities across England, Wales and the Isle of Man. The two runner-up candidates will each receive £300.
Voting is open until November 1, visit lloydsbank.com/communityfund to vote.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post