Barking nursery children meet and greet special farm visitors
- Credit: Archant
Children were able to enjoy all the fun of the farm without leaving their nursery.
Youngsters at Chestnut Nursery Maple, in Gascoigne Road, Barking, were given an early Christmas treat when animals from Wellgate Farm turned up.
The tots were able to stroke animals including rabbits, ducks, goats and sheep, and were joined by youngsters from sister nursery Chestnut Nursery Gascoigne for the day.
Manager Nicola Ashton said: “It was a lovely day, it went really well and the children really enjoyed it.
“We live in a borough where children don’t get much green space, so for them to have something like this, it makes a big impact.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that the visit was well-received by parents, who were able to join in with the farm fun.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people