Barking nursery children meet and greet special farm visitors
- Credit: Archant
Children were able to enjoy all the fun of the farm without leaving their nursery.
Youngsters at Chestnut Nursery Maple, in Gascoigne Road, Barking, were given an early Christmas treat when animals from Wellgate Farm turned up.
The tots were able to stroke animals including rabbits, ducks, goats and sheep, and were joined by youngsters from sister nursery Chestnut Nursery Gascoigne for the day.
Manager Nicola Ashton said: “It was a lovely day, it went really well and the children really enjoyed it.
“We live in a borough where children don’t get much green space, so for them to have something like this, it makes a big impact.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that the visit was well-received by parents, who were able to join in with the farm fun.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside