Barking primary pupils visit Post offices
- Credit: Archant
Budding reporters enjoyed a crash course in journalism during a visit to the Post’s HQ.
Northbury Primary school’s newspaper team met news editor Janine Rasiah and sports editor Lee Power during the trip to our Maritime House office on Thursday.
The Barking youngsters were taught how to write a story, how the paper is put together and the art of shorthand.
Pupils also shared the latest issue of their newspaper, the Northbury News, which is out this week.
Nana Fitt, eight, said: “I’ve enjoyed learning how to write shorthand.”
You may also want to watch:
Year three teacher Lauren Botsis, who leads the Northbury Close school’s gifted and talented group, said: “I think the visit has inspired the children to become even better reporters.”
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket