Barking primary pupils visit Post offices
- Credit: Archant
Budding reporters enjoyed a crash course in journalism during a visit to the Post’s HQ.
Northbury Primary school’s newspaper team met news editor Janine Rasiah and sports editor Lee Power during the trip to our Maritime House office on Thursday.
The Barking youngsters were taught how to write a story, how the paper is put together and the art of shorthand.
Pupils also shared the latest issue of their newspaper, the Northbury News, which is out this week.
Nana Fitt, eight, said: “I’ve enjoyed learning how to write shorthand.”
Year three teacher Lauren Botsis, who leads the Northbury Close school’s gifted and talented group, said: “I think the visit has inspired the children to become even better reporters.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today