Barking primary pupils visit Post offices
- Credit: Archant
Budding reporters enjoyed a crash course in journalism during a visit to the Post’s HQ.
Northbury Primary school’s newspaper team met news editor Janine Rasiah and sports editor Lee Power during the trip to our Maritime House office on Thursday.
The Barking youngsters were taught how to write a story, how the paper is put together and the art of shorthand.
Pupils also shared the latest issue of their newspaper, the Northbury News, which is out this week.
Nana Fitt, eight, said: “I’ve enjoyed learning how to write shorthand.”
You may also want to watch:
Year three teacher Lauren Botsis, who leads the Northbury Close school’s gifted and talented group, said: “I think the visit has inspired the children to become even better reporters.”
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 8 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup