Barking primary school investigated for revealing contents of exams in advance
Claims that a Barking primary school told pupils about the contents of their SATs exams before they sat the papers are being investigated.
The Standards and Testing Agency at the Department of Education is looking into allegations that children at Eastbury Primary School, in Dawson Avenue, were told about the questions of their Standard Assessment Tests (SATs) in advance.
The tests are taken by 10 and 11-year-olds across the country and teachers are only allowed to open the paper an hour before.
A similar allegation about the school was investigated by Barking and Dagenham Council in March but teachers were cleared of any wrong doing.
A national newspaper claims to have seen dozens of examples of course work from children attending the school which were completed before the exams took place and include creative writing tasks similar to those featured in a SATs exam taken on May 15.
You may also want to watch:
A Barking and Dagenham Council spokesman said: “Given the thorough investigation, which had taken place recently, the council is confident in the rigour of the school’s procedures.
“The head-teacher at Eastbury is an excellent leader who is driving high standards at the school. Indeed, the improvements made have been recognised by Ofsted and consequently, she is someone in whom the local authority has real confidence.”
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup