Barking pupils and staff join to get fit and have fun
Pupils were up and moving at a Barking primary school this week as part of a fitness event.
The Big Ten saw pupils and staff at Manor Infants, in Sandringham Road, head to the playing field for 10 minutes to run and jump about to music for a quick burst of exercise. Even the headteacher and the school governors were getting fit.
This was part of the school’s week of sport where pupils have been having extra PE lessons and playing games and sports outside.
A dance teacher also came into the school to teach some of the children a variety of new moves.
Assistant headteacher, Bruce Munro, said: “The pupils really enjoyed getting some quick exercise outside.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also very successful in highlighting the importance of keeping fit and healthy.”
n For more schools news see page 16
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend