Barking school hosts free family cooking sessions
- Credit: Jimmy Lee
Youngsters have been learning about healthy eating with a series of free family cooking sessions.
The classes, run by Creative Wellness at Thames View Infants in Barking, offer those living in the area the chance to learn how to prepare healthy and affordable meals.
More than 100 people have attended the sessions, funded by the NHS’s healthy new towns initiative, and learnt how to make dishes including lentil curry and fruit flan.
Khushnood Ahmed, project developer and facilitator at Creative Wellness, said: “After a successful series of workshops in Riverside Secondary School and George Carey Primary School, I’m delighted to be offering further sessions at Thames View Infants.
“It’s good to see that people of all ages are so keen to improve their lifestyle by cooking and eating healthy fresh food.”
You may also want to watch:
To register for a session, contact @Cr3ativeWellnes on Twitter. All workshop ingredients are provided.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham