Barking school hosts free family cooking sessions
- Credit: Jimmy Lee
Youngsters have been learning about healthy eating with a series of free family cooking sessions.
The classes, run by Creative Wellness at Thames View Infants in Barking, offer those living in the area the chance to learn how to prepare healthy and affordable meals.
More than 100 people have attended the sessions, funded by the NHS’s healthy new towns initiative, and learnt how to make dishes including lentil curry and fruit flan.
Khushnood Ahmed, project developer and facilitator at Creative Wellness, said: “After a successful series of workshops in Riverside Secondary School and George Carey Primary School, I’m delighted to be offering further sessions at Thames View Infants.
“It’s good to see that people of all ages are so keen to improve their lifestyle by cooking and eating healthy fresh food.”
You may also want to watch:
To register for a session, contact @Cr3ativeWellnes on Twitter. All workshop ingredients are provided.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations