Private tuition centre in Barking in logo row
- Credit: Archant
A private tuition centre in Barking has denied that it is ripping off the council’s logo in an effort to trick potential customers into thinking it run by the town hall.
A parent who lives near to LBD Tuition Centre in North Street, Barking, claims people can be confused by the tutoring centre’s name and logo and assume it is a council run service.
Their logo has the same colour scheme as the council’s and the ‘LBD’ has one letter different to LBBD, the abbreviation used for the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
The centre’s assistant headteacher, Mrs Taha, told the Post that there are clear differences between the two logos and they are not trying to cause confusion.
She added: “Our logo and company name were approved by Trading Standards.”
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: “The council has no connections to LBD Tuition Centre and we will assess any similarities in the branding and naming before seeking advice on the options available to us.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead