Private tuition centre in Barking in logo row
- Credit: Archant
A private tuition centre in Barking has denied that it is ripping off the council’s logo in an effort to trick potential customers into thinking it run by the town hall.
A parent who lives near to LBD Tuition Centre in North Street, Barking, claims people can be confused by the tutoring centre’s name and logo and assume it is a council run service.
Their logo has the same colour scheme as the council’s and the ‘LBD’ has one letter different to LBBD, the abbreviation used for the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
The centre’s assistant headteacher, Mrs Taha, told the Post that there are clear differences between the two logos and they are not trying to cause confusion.
She added: “Our logo and company name were approved by Trading Standards.”
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: “The council has no connections to LBD Tuition Centre and we will assess any similarities in the branding and naming before seeking advice on the options available to us.”
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed