Private tuition centre in Barking in logo row
- Credit: Archant
A private tuition centre in Barking has denied that it is ripping off the council’s logo in an effort to trick potential customers into thinking it run by the town hall.
A parent who lives near to LBD Tuition Centre in North Street, Barking, claims people can be confused by the tutoring centre’s name and logo and assume it is a council run service.
Their logo has the same colour scheme as the council’s and the ‘LBD’ has one letter different to LBBD, the abbreviation used for the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
The centre’s assistant headteacher, Mrs Taha, told the Post that there are clear differences between the two logos and they are not trying to cause confusion.
She added: “Our logo and company name were approved by Trading Standards.”
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: “The council has no connections to LBD Tuition Centre and we will assess any similarities in the branding and naming before seeking advice on the options available to us.”
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash