Barking and Dagenham College students take top spots in round one of technical skills contest
- Credit: BDC
Three IT students from Barking and Dagenham College have cleaned up in the first round of a competition to test their skills.
They won first, second and third place in a preliminary stage of the WorldSkills UK Competition 2019.
The top spot went to 17 year old Alexsandru Stancu from Romford. Classmate Shahin Kotarja, 18, from Upney, came in second and Josiah James, 16, from Rainham, took third.
"I am very proud of all the learners. Well done to all of them," said their tutor Alfie Zekaj.
Barking and Dagenham College's trio took part in the first heat of the IT Technician Support WorldSkills 2019 Competition, facing off against Bedford College.
Part funded by the Department for Education, the contest is designed by industry experts.
Its goal is to give students and apprentices the skills needed to help the UK compete globally.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
Thousands of students take part in these rounds to get a shot at the finals. The forty-fifth WorldSkills Competition will be held in Kazan, Russia, in August.