Barking and Dagenham College students take top spots in round one of technical skills contest
- Credit: BDC
Three IT students from Barking and Dagenham College have cleaned up in the first round of a competition to test their skills.
They won first, second and third place in a preliminary stage of the WorldSkills UK Competition 2019.
The top spot went to 17 year old Alexsandru Stancu from Romford. Classmate Shahin Kotarja, 18, from Upney, came in second and Josiah James, 16, from Rainham, took third.
"I am very proud of all the learners. Well done to all of them," said their tutor Alfie Zekaj.
Barking and Dagenham College's trio took part in the first heat of the IT Technician Support WorldSkills 2019 Competition, facing off against Bedford College.
You may also want to watch:
Part funded by the Department for Education, the contest is designed by industry experts.
Its goal is to give students and apprentices the skills needed to help the UK compete globally.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
Thousands of students take part in these rounds to get a shot at the finals. The forty-fifth WorldSkills Competition will be held in Kazan, Russia, in August.