Become a shooting star with half-term basketball camp in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Budding Michael Jordans can learn how to shoot hoops this half-term at a basketball camp.
Coaches from Barking and Dagenham Thunder will put new recruits and old hands through their paces at a training camp open to players of all abilities.
It is daily from Monday, October 28 to Friday, November 1 with sessions for seven to 12-year-olds running from 9am to 11am, and sessions for 13 to 16-year-olds from 11am to 1pm at Barking Abbey School leisure centre, Woodbridge Road, Barking.
Head coach Ravidson Teixeira said: “Basketball is a team sport. It engages the players and is a fast sport. You can’t do everything by yourself.
“In basketball everybody plays every position. It’s very demanding and takes a lot of teamwork that helps kids develop in various ways.”
You may also want to watch:
•• Visit thunderbasketball.co.uk for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Marlan Henry on 0784 3936170 to book a place on the camp.
- 1 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 2 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 3 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 4 Dagenham man denies murder
- 5 Residents urged to have a say on future development in borough
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Police accused of making stereotype 'assumption'
- 7 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Girl, 15, missing from Dagenham for ten days
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses