Become a shooting star with half-term basketball camp in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Budding Michael Jordans can learn how to shoot hoops this half-term at a basketball camp.
Coaches from Barking and Dagenham Thunder will put new recruits and old hands through their paces at a training camp open to players of all abilities.
It is daily from Monday, October 28 to Friday, November 1 with sessions for seven to 12-year-olds running from 9am to 11am, and sessions for 13 to 16-year-olds from 11am to 1pm at Barking Abbey School leisure centre, Woodbridge Road, Barking.
Head coach Ravidson Teixeira said: “Basketball is a team sport. It engages the players and is a fast sport. You can’t do everything by yourself.
“In basketball everybody plays every position. It’s very demanding and takes a lot of teamwork that helps kids develop in various ways.”
You may also want to watch:
•• Visit thunderbasketball.co.uk for more information, email email@example.com or call Marlan Henry on 0784 3936170 to book a place on the camp.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 8 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award