Bishop of Brentwood visits Dagenham school
- Credit: All Saints
The Bishop of Brentwood has visited a Dagenham school to dedicate its chapel.
The Rt Rev Alan Williams took a tour of All Saints Catholic School where he met staff, pupils and a four-legged friend in the shape of Max, the school's dog.
"It was a really great day," said assistant headteacher Nick Pauro.
"He dedicated our school chapel to the new saint, Cardinal John Henry Newman, who's the first British saint in a long time."
As well as the dedication service, the bishop also listened to a performance from the All Saints gospel choir and sat in on classes at the Wood Lane school during the visit on Thursday, February 7.
You may also want to watch:
"He looked in on lessons, from PE to technology to RE," Nick explained.
"One of the highlights was the questions the pupils asked him, such as why he wanted to be a bishop. They were really thoughtful."
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside