Boxing champion helps Barking & Dagenham students
- Credit: Archant
Lightweight boxing champ Kevin Mitchell took time some time out from training to spot new talent among Barking & Dagenham College students.
The British super-featherweight title and Commonwealth belt winner visited the Rush Green Road college to give some hints and tips as part of the students course, where they are learning the principles of boxing training.
Kevin Mitchell said: “It was great to be able to visit Barking & Dagenham College and meet all the students.
“They were really interested in finding out about boxing and we were able to go through a few key techniques which will help them in their studies.”
The WBC silver lightweight title holder spotted a talent in 18-year-old student Aiden Morgan, who is set to join the Army in September.
You may also want to watch:
Aiden said: “It was an honour to have someone of his calibre coming in to teach us.
“I’m now thinking about going to the same gym in Dagenham as Kevin to do some boxing training.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
The college is hoping they can get Kevin back in the future to see if he might be able to work with the students in a regular series of classes.