Boxing champion helps Barking & Dagenham students
- Credit: Archant
Lightweight boxing champ Kevin Mitchell took time some time out from training to spot new talent among Barking & Dagenham College students.
The British super-featherweight title and Commonwealth belt winner visited the Rush Green Road college to give some hints and tips as part of the students course, where they are learning the principles of boxing training.
Kevin Mitchell said: “It was great to be able to visit Barking & Dagenham College and meet all the students.
“They were really interested in finding out about boxing and we were able to go through a few key techniques which will help them in their studies.”
The WBC silver lightweight title holder spotted a talent in 18-year-old student Aiden Morgan, who is set to join the Army in September.
You may also want to watch:
Aiden said: “It was an honour to have someone of his calibre coming in to teach us.
“I’m now thinking about going to the same gym in Dagenham as Kevin to do some boxing training.”
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
The college is hoping they can get Kevin back in the future to see if he might be able to work with the students in a regular series of classes.