BREAKING NEWS: �24m school in Dagenham shut for emergency repairs
A secondary school which was given a �24million revamp is partially shut today for emergency repairs.
Hundreds of students at Dagenham Park School in School Road are staying at home while contractors carry out the building repairs.
According to reports, part of the roof structure collapsed though this has not been confirmed by the secondary school and Barking and Dagenham Council.
Dagenham Park underwent a �24million redevelopment last year as part of the Building Schools for the Future programme.
Clothes charity worker Ian Wall said his 13-year-old daughter Abigail was forced to stay at home today.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wall, 41, of School Road, said: “The whole school is shut apart from year 11 and the sixth form.
“My daughter said part of the roof had fallen into classrooms and a letter from the school said that for health and safety reasons they had shut the school down so the contractors could do the work.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
“We have been asked to go on the school website to see if it is going to be open tomorrow.”
A school spokesman said: “Due to unforeseen circumstances Dagenham Park School is undergoing some building repairs.
“These are being addressed by the building contractors and dealt with extremely quickly and promptly.”