Northbury Primary School in Barking wins prestigious award.
- Credit: Northbury Primary School
A primary school in Barking has won a prestigious International School Award.
Northbury Primary School was awarded the International School Award by the British Council in recognition of its work to bring the world into the classroom.
The award celebrates the achievements of schools that do exceptional work in international education.
Examples of Northbury Primary School’s work include learning about school dinner provisions in Sri Lanka and writing stories with pupils from an Indian School.
Assistant head teacher Kulvinder Kaur said: “It’s a very rewarding experience for the pupils and staff to be able to connect with schools and colleagues across the world, in their setting.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so pleased to have received this award, again.”
CEO of the British Council, Sir Ciarán Devane said: “Embedding an international dimension in children’s education ensures that they are truly global citizens and helps prepare them for successful lives and careers in an increasingly global economy.”
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks