Northbury Primary School in Barking wins prestigious award.
- Credit: Northbury Primary School
A primary school in Barking has won a prestigious International School Award.
Northbury Primary School was awarded the International School Award by the British Council in recognition of its work to bring the world into the classroom.
The award celebrates the achievements of schools that do exceptional work in international education.
Examples of Northbury Primary School’s work include learning about school dinner provisions in Sri Lanka and writing stories with pupils from an Indian School.
Assistant head teacher Kulvinder Kaur said: “It’s a very rewarding experience for the pupils and staff to be able to connect with schools and colleagues across the world, in their setting.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so pleased to have received this award, again.”
CEO of the British Council, Sir Ciarán Devane said: “Embedding an international dimension in children’s education ensures that they are truly global citizens and helps prepare them for successful lives and careers in an increasingly global economy.”
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment