Budding Dagenham young chefs cook up a storm
- Credit: Archant
Two wannabe chefs from William Bellamy Primary School have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen during auditions for a new children’s cookery programme.
Keira Neale and Joshua Singh-Hill wowed the judges putting their culinary skills on show for a new Disney Channel show designed for nine to 11 year olds.
The young hopefuls were required to bring along a healthy dish that they had prepared.
Keira presented her roulade dessert – which the judges couldn’t get enough of – and Joshua whipped up a delicious chicken curry.
The youngsters’ skills were then challenged further with a variety of tricky tests including identifying herbs, weighing out flour and separating an egg with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
Having been selected from hundreds of applicants to attend the auditions, Keira and Joshua are now waiting to hear if they have been selected as one of the 12 pairs who will go forward to the final for the chance of appearing on the show.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets