Budding Dagenham young chefs cook up a storm
- Credit: Archant
Two wannabe chefs from William Bellamy Primary School have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen during auditions for a new children’s cookery programme.
Keira Neale and Joshua Singh-Hill wowed the judges putting their culinary skills on show for a new Disney Channel show designed for nine to 11 year olds.
The young hopefuls were required to bring along a healthy dish that they had prepared.
Keira presented her roulade dessert – which the judges couldn’t get enough of – and Joshua whipped up a delicious chicken curry.
The youngsters’ skills were then challenged further with a variety of tricky tests including identifying herbs, weighing out flour and separating an egg with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
Having been selected from hundreds of applicants to attend the auditions, Keira and Joshua are now waiting to hear if they have been selected as one of the 12 pairs who will go forward to the final for the chance of appearing on the show.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences