Budding Dagenham young chefs cook up a storm
- Credit: Archant
Two wannabe chefs from William Bellamy Primary School have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen during auditions for a new children’s cookery programme.
Keira Neale and Joshua Singh-Hill wowed the judges putting their culinary skills on show for a new Disney Channel show designed for nine to 11 year olds.
The young hopefuls were required to bring along a healthy dish that they had prepared.
Keira presented her roulade dessert – which the judges couldn’t get enough of – and Joshua whipped up a delicious chicken curry.
The youngsters’ skills were then challenged further with a variety of tricky tests including identifying herbs, weighing out flour and separating an egg with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
Having been selected from hundreds of applicants to attend the auditions, Keira and Joshua are now waiting to hear if they have been selected as one of the 12 pairs who will go forward to the final for the chance of appearing on the show.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault