Budding poets asked to write about Barking and Dagenham for chance to win £1,000
Budding wordsmiths are being asked to pen a poem for a competition that could see them win £1,000.
Up to three poems can be submitted to the annual Local Poem competition, though each one must focus on an aspect of the writer’s home town.
A spokesman for organisers United Press said: “We find that poems written from personal observation and experience are the most heartfelt and expressive, so we’re expecting some great entries.
“The contest is designed to encourage ordinary people to write poetry — to both express themselves and be more creative.
“Maybe this year the £1,000 will go to a poet from Barking or a neighbouring town.”
You may also want to watch:
Submitting a poem is free or charge. Direct your entries by email to email@example.com or post to United Press Ltd, Admail 3735, London, EC1B 1JB.
The closing date is December 31st 2013.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham