Chadwell Heath dancer lands leading part in Les Mis
A young rising star is to play Cosette or another leading role in the smash-hit musical Les Miserables in the West End this autumn.
Elise Blake, eight, is to start a six-month run at Queen’s Theatre in Piccadilly Circus in September, either as the young girl who comes to epitomise the French revolt or as Gavroche’s sister Eponine.
The Chadwell Heath dancer currently plays Ripp, a Munchkin in the Wizard of Oz at the London Palladium in Oxford Circus.
Elise began to take dance lessons aged three and is through to the finals of the British Theatre Dance Association All England Championships set to take place in Leicester in November.
She has also been recalled to play the main part of Matilda in the West End musical at Cambridge Theatre in Covent Garden next spring.
Her mum Lauren, 28, of Eastern Avenue West, Chadwell Heath, said: “She doing very well. She has just auditioned for Matilda.
“She has been recalled. That’s what she wants - The Matilda part.
- 1 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 9 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 10 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
“I think it’s a fantastic achievement. She works really hard and she loves it.”
Elise attends Rise Park Junior School in Romford and studies performing arts at the Emery Stage School in Rainham.
Rehearsals for her run in Les Mis start in September.
Her mum has been told she was set to play Eponine or Cosette, perhaps both, in the West End production twice a week for six months.
She said: “There will be occasions when she has to cover both. We won’t know for definite until the rehearsals in September.”
She landed her first big part in a touring production of the Sound of Music as Gretl von Trapp two years ago.
To book Wizard of Oz or Les Mis tickets log on to wizardofozthemusical.com and lesmis.com/home_uk.php