Chief named for new school partnership in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: LBBD
A new not-for-profit company jointly owned by local schools and the council has appointed a chief executive.
Ben Spinks said his new role at Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership (BDSIP) was “genuinely exciting”.
The company, which launches in April, was created “to provide headteachers with support to raise standards”, the council says.
Mr Spinks previously served as assistant chief executive of Brent Council and is a former market director at Capita Transformation.
Peter McPartland, the former headteacher of Dagenham Trinity School and chair of BDSIP’s board of directors, said: “I am delighted Ben is joining us at this exciting time and I look forward to working with him.”
Mr Spinks starts his position on January 2.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 9 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 10 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points