Chief named for new school partnership in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: LBBD
A new not-for-profit company jointly owned by local schools and the council has appointed a chief executive.
Ben Spinks said his new role at Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership (BDSIP) was “genuinely exciting”.
The company, which launches in April, was created “to provide headteachers with support to raise standards”, the council says.
Mr Spinks previously served as assistant chief executive of Brent Council and is a former market director at Capita Transformation.
Peter McPartland, the former headteacher of Dagenham Trinity School and chair of BDSIP’s board of directors, said: “I am delighted Ben is joining us at this exciting time and I look forward to working with him.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Spinks starts his position on January 2.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest