Children don period dress to celebrate Barking school’s 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Pupils took a step back in time as they celebrated the centenary of a primary school.
Children at Suffolk Road site of Ripple Primary School dressed in clothes from different decades on Friday to mark the 100-year birthday.
Over the past few weeks they have been learning about important local and national events that have happened since the school opened in September 1913.
Deputy head, Anne Fitzpatrick, said: “Different classes have been taught about different decades so on Friday they visited each others classrooms to tell each other what they had learnt.
“Everyone had a lot of fun and the costumes were wonderful.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be another celebration in September to mark the official birthday. The school is keen to hear from past pupils as part o fthe event. Call 020 8270 4670.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?