Children learn about pets at Dagenham workshop
- Credit: Archant
The realities of pet ownership were revealed at the first of a series of fun workshops.
Staff at Pets at Home are hosting weekend sessions nationwide to celebrate the company’s 25th birthday, including at its Dagenham branch in Merrielands Crescent.
Children petted animals ranging from rabbits to guinea pigs and rats before feeding them and filling in activity booklets.
Store assistant Rivers Knights, who led the workshop on Sunday, said: “When we have kids come into the store wanting to buy a hamster we kind of do a mini workshop but events like these are great for raising awareness.”
The budding pet owners aged from just five years old.
You may also want to watch:
Rivers, 20, knows all about the ups and downs of owning a pet as he admits to “practically having a farm” – as he has two dogs, a pond fish, a tank fish, two hamsters, four rabbits and four chickens.
For more information call the Dagenham Pets at Home state on 020 8596 0050 or visit petsathome.com
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
See more pictures in this week’s Post, out today.