Children learn about pets at Dagenham workshop
- Credit: Archant
The realities of pet ownership were revealed at the first of a series of fun workshops.
Staff at Pets at Home are hosting weekend sessions nationwide to celebrate the company’s 25th birthday, including at its Dagenham branch in Merrielands Crescent.
Children petted animals ranging from rabbits to guinea pigs and rats before feeding them and filling in activity booklets.
Store assistant Rivers Knights, who led the workshop on Sunday, said: “When we have kids come into the store wanting to buy a hamster we kind of do a mini workshop but events like these are great for raising awareness.”
The budding pet owners aged from just five years old.
You may also want to watch:
Rivers, 20, knows all about the ups and downs of owning a pet as he admits to “practically having a farm” – as he has two dogs, a pond fish, a tank fish, two hamsters, four rabbits and four chickens.
For more information call the Dagenham Pets at Home state on 020 8596 0050 or visit petsathome.com
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 5 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
See more pictures in this week’s Post, out today.