Children learn about pets at Dagenham workshop
- Credit: Archant
The realities of pet ownership were revealed at the first of a series of fun workshops.
Staff at Pets at Home are hosting weekend sessions nationwide to celebrate the company’s 25th birthday, including at its Dagenham branch in Merrielands Crescent.
Children petted animals ranging from rabbits to guinea pigs and rats before feeding them and filling in activity booklets.
Store assistant Rivers Knights, who led the workshop on Sunday, said: “When we have kids come into the store wanting to buy a hamster we kind of do a mini workshop but events like these are great for raising awareness.”
The budding pet owners aged from just five years old.
You may also want to watch:
Rivers, 20, knows all about the ups and downs of owning a pet as he admits to “practically having a farm” – as he has two dogs, a pond fish, a tank fish, two hamsters, four rabbits and four chickens.
For more information call the Dagenham Pets at Home state on 020 8596 0050 or visit petsathome.com
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?
See more pictures in this week’s Post, out today.