Children’s author visits Marsh Green Primary School in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A children’s author paid a visit to a school in Dagenham yesterday (Wednesday).
A.H. Proctor visited Marsh Green Primary School in New Road to share her story of Thumble Tumble.
Thumble Tumble is a witch who travels around the Isle of Arran, fighting an evil night creature called Mogdred.
The children were enraptured as Angela read an extract from her first book, Thumble Tumble and the Ollpheist.
She then led them in an experiment to find out if giants have taste buds, and they finished by creating a magical shrinking potion.
You may also want to watch:
Angela said: “I had a wonderful afternoon at Marsh Green Primary. The staff all gave me such a warm welcome and were great at engaging the children, who were also absolutely fantastic.
“I was blown away by the creativity and out of the box thinking displayed by the children. Their perception and recollection of the reading were outstanding and I genuinely believe I may well have met a future author or two during my visit.”
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder