Barking & Dagenham College shortlisted for industry award
- Credit: Archant
Barking & Dagenham College has been shortlisted for a prestigious industry award.
The education institution is in the running for this year’s Beacon Award for Support for Students from the Association of Colleges (AoC).
Now in its 24th year, the AoC Beacon Awards recognises best practice and innovation in colleges.
Yvonne Kelly, the college’s principal and CEO said: “Students are at the centre of everything. My colleagues and I are immensely proud of the work we do to support them.
“Our innovative ‘Ring of Steel’ of support strategy, has previously been recognised by Ofsted as exemplary practice; we are delighted to be recognised once again by being shortlisted for the Beacon Award for Support for Students.”
You may also want to watch:
Carole Stott MBE, chair of the AoC charitable trust, added: “Colleges do great work transforming the lives of more than two million people each day and are deeply embedded within their communities.
“Barking & Dagenham College has done exceptionally well to get this far and we wish them the best of luck.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
The winner will be announced on March 22 next year.