Barking & Dagenham College shortlisted for industry award
- Credit: Archant
Barking & Dagenham College has been shortlisted for a prestigious industry award.
The education institution is in the running for this year’s Beacon Award for Support for Students from the Association of Colleges (AoC).
Now in its 24th year, the AoC Beacon Awards recognises best practice and innovation in colleges.
Yvonne Kelly, the college’s principal and CEO said: “Students are at the centre of everything. My colleagues and I are immensely proud of the work we do to support them.
“Our innovative ‘Ring of Steel’ of support strategy, has previously been recognised by Ofsted as exemplary practice; we are delighted to be recognised once again by being shortlisted for the Beacon Award for Support for Students.”
You may also want to watch:
Carole Stott MBE, chair of the AoC charitable trust, added: “Colleges do great work transforming the lives of more than two million people each day and are deeply embedded within their communities.
“Barking & Dagenham College has done exceptionally well to get this far and we wish them the best of luck.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
The winner will be announced on March 22 next year.