Barking & Dagenham College shortlisted for industry award
- Credit: Archant
Barking & Dagenham College has been shortlisted for a prestigious industry award.
The education institution is in the running for this year’s Beacon Award for Support for Students from the Association of Colleges (AoC).
Now in its 24th year, the AoC Beacon Awards recognises best practice and innovation in colleges.
Yvonne Kelly, the college’s principal and CEO said: “Students are at the centre of everything. My colleagues and I are immensely proud of the work we do to support them.
“Our innovative ‘Ring of Steel’ of support strategy, has previously been recognised by Ofsted as exemplary practice; we are delighted to be recognised once again by being shortlisted for the Beacon Award for Support for Students.”
You may also want to watch:
Carole Stott MBE, chair of the AoC charitable trust, added: “Colleges do great work transforming the lives of more than two million people each day and are deeply embedded within their communities.
“Barking & Dagenham College has done exceptionally well to get this far and we wish them the best of luck.”
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
The winner will be announced on March 22 next year.