College student recognised for effort at Dagenham and Redbridge FC
- Credit: Archant
A Barking and Dagenham College sports performance student is showing he has what it takes playing for Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club.
Tyrique Hyde, 18, from Grays, has been recognised by the League Football Education for his work and as a result has been placed in The 11, which is a group of under 18 players on apprenticeships selected for their success.
The midfielder has already played for the first team in the FA Cup at Halifax, captined the youth team, scored his first professional goal and gone on loan to Whitehawk Football Club.
“I am grateful for the guidance and support from all of the staff at Dagenham and Redbridge, and I’m particularly thankful to my tutors Ikram and Ian for ensuring that I am consistently striving to achieve the highest grades in my studies,” Tyrique explained.
“In my time as a student at Barking and Dagenham College I have learnt a lot alongside my development as a footballer.”
You may also want to watch:
His tutor, Ian Lowe, added: “Tyrique is a confident and respectful individual - He has demonstrated good leadership skills within the group so far, and is fully focused on achieving his qualification alongside his development as a Professional Footballer.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street