College student recognised for effort at Dagenham and Redbridge FC
- Credit: Archant
A Barking and Dagenham College sports performance student is showing he has what it takes playing for Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club.
Tyrique Hyde, 18, from Grays, has been recognised by the League Football Education for his work and as a result has been placed in The 11, which is a group of under 18 players on apprenticeships selected for their success.
The midfielder has already played for the first team in the FA Cup at Halifax, captined the youth team, scored his first professional goal and gone on loan to Whitehawk Football Club.
“I am grateful for the guidance and support from all of the staff at Dagenham and Redbridge, and I’m particularly thankful to my tutors Ikram and Ian for ensuring that I am consistently striving to achieve the highest grades in my studies,” Tyrique explained.
“In my time as a student at Barking and Dagenham College I have learnt a lot alongside my development as a footballer.”
You may also want to watch:
His tutor, Ian Lowe, added: “Tyrique is a confident and respectful individual - He has demonstrated good leadership skills within the group so far, and is fully focused on achieving his qualification alongside his development as a Professional Footballer.”
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad