College student recognised for effort at Dagenham and Redbridge FC
- Credit: Archant
A Barking and Dagenham College sports performance student is showing he has what it takes playing for Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club.
Tyrique Hyde, 18, from Grays, has been recognised by the League Football Education for his work and as a result has been placed in The 11, which is a group of under 18 players on apprenticeships selected for their success.
The midfielder has already played for the first team in the FA Cup at Halifax, captined the youth team, scored his first professional goal and gone on loan to Whitehawk Football Club.
“I am grateful for the guidance and support from all of the staff at Dagenham and Redbridge, and I’m particularly thankful to my tutors Ikram and Ian for ensuring that I am consistently striving to achieve the highest grades in my studies,” Tyrique explained.
“In my time as a student at Barking and Dagenham College I have learnt a lot alongside my development as a footballer.”
You may also want to watch:
His tutor, Ian Lowe, added: “Tyrique is a confident and respectful individual - He has demonstrated good leadership skills within the group so far, and is fully focused on achieving his qualification alongside his development as a Professional Footballer.”
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week