College students paint Dagenham allotment building
- Credit: Archant
Students gave up their time to give a tired looking garden allotment building a new lick of paint.
The painting and decorating students from Barking and Dagenham College painted the communal block at Becontree Allotments and Garden Association in Fambridge Road, Dagenham on Thursday.
College tutor and allotment committee member Geoff Hall said: “We wanted to do a bit of community work with the students so thought this would be the perfect job.
“Everyone really enjoyed themselves and the hut looks much better now.”
Students from the same department recently painted Maples day centre for people with disabilities in Gascoigne Road, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
The six young people decorated the centre’s multi-purpose room, which included preparing all the walls before painting them in the centre’s new yellow colour scheme.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters