College students paint Dagenham allotment building
- Credit: Archant
Students gave up their time to give a tired looking garden allotment building a new lick of paint.
The painting and decorating students from Barking and Dagenham College painted the communal block at Becontree Allotments and Garden Association in Fambridge Road, Dagenham on Thursday.
College tutor and allotment committee member Geoff Hall said: “We wanted to do a bit of community work with the students so thought this would be the perfect job.
“Everyone really enjoyed themselves and the hut looks much better now.”
Students from the same department recently painted Maples day centre for people with disabilities in Gascoigne Road, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
The six young people decorated the centre’s multi-purpose room, which included preparing all the walls before painting them in the centre’s new yellow colour scheme.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham