College students paint Dagenham allotment building
- Credit: Archant
Students gave up their time to give a tired looking garden allotment building a new lick of paint.
The painting and decorating students from Barking and Dagenham College painted the communal block at Becontree Allotments and Garden Association in Fambridge Road, Dagenham on Thursday.
College tutor and allotment committee member Geoff Hall said: “We wanted to do a bit of community work with the students so thought this would be the perfect job.
“Everyone really enjoyed themselves and the hut looks much better now.”
Students from the same department recently painted Maples day centre for people with disabilities in Gascoigne Road, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
The six young people decorated the centre’s multi-purpose room, which included preparing all the walls before painting them in the centre’s new yellow colour scheme.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week