Coventry University ranks in ‘best list’ since opening campus in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Coventry University has come 67th out of 100 European universities for teaching, after opening a campus in Dagenham last year.
The campus in Dagenham’s old civic centre opened in 2017 following a £4.5 million investment to restore the building.
In a Times Higher Education league table published on Wednesday, the university came 67th overall, and 3rd for student engagement.
The ranking was based on quality of teaching, student outcomes, the learning environment and engagement.
The Dagenham campus offers courses with a career-focused model of teaching. The table’s engagement ranking was based on whether students felt the teaching challenges them, and whether they felt they had opportunities to make connections with the world of work.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Ginn, associate pro vice chancellor of CU London, said: “We are extremely proud to be part of Coventry University Group, and the new league tables are wonderful news for our staff and students.
“We have had a hugely successful first year and look forward to welcoming more students to benefit from our incredible teaching and support over the coming years.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations