Coventry University ranks in ‘best list’ since opening campus in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Coventry University has come 67th out of 100 European universities for teaching, after opening a campus in Dagenham last year.
The campus in Dagenham’s old civic centre opened in 2017 following a £4.5 million investment to restore the building.
In a Times Higher Education league table published on Wednesday, the university came 67th overall, and 3rd for student engagement.
The ranking was based on quality of teaching, student outcomes, the learning environment and engagement.
The Dagenham campus offers courses with a career-focused model of teaching. The table’s engagement ranking was based on whether students felt the teaching challenges them, and whether they felt they had opportunities to make connections with the world of work.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Ginn, associate pro vice chancellor of CU London, said: “We are extremely proud to be part of Coventry University Group, and the new league tables are wonderful news for our staff and students.
“We have had a hugely successful first year and look forward to welcoming more students to benefit from our incredible teaching and support over the coming years.”
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo