Coventry University to hold free course at Dagenham Civic Centre
- Credit: Archant
A university campus set to open in Dagenham will be offering residents a taster of studying there.
The Civic Centre will be hosting the CU London Connect course, offering those who apply the chance to try some of the courses that will be on offer.
The free course begins on Wednesday, April 5, with a choice of a morning or afternoon session every Wednesday for five weeks.
Andy Ginn, director of CU London, said “This is a fantastic opportunity to experience higher education in a relaxed environment and for participants to see whether taking that next step is for them.
“It’s vital to provide people with the opportunity to experience higher education and discover whether it is something that will suit them.”
You may also want to watch:
This comes as CU London will open its doors to give potential students the chance to take a behind-the-scenes look at the transformation of the Civic Centre on Thursday, March 30 and Friday, March 31.
The course will offer all the right information and skills needed for those who are looking to pursue higher education, including funding, study skills and individual subject topics.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
Registration is still open, and no other qualifications are needed.
To register for CU London Connect visit coventry.ac.uk/cul/study/connect