Coventry University to hold free course at Dagenham Civic Centre
- Credit: Archant
A university campus set to open in Dagenham will be offering residents a taster of studying there.
The Civic Centre will be hosting the CU London Connect course, offering those who apply the chance to try some of the courses that will be on offer.
The free course begins on Wednesday, April 5, with a choice of a morning or afternoon session every Wednesday for five weeks.
Andy Ginn, director of CU London, said “This is a fantastic opportunity to experience higher education in a relaxed environment and for participants to see whether taking that next step is for them.
“It’s vital to provide people with the opportunity to experience higher education and discover whether it is something that will suit them.”
You may also want to watch:
This comes as CU London will open its doors to give potential students the chance to take a behind-the-scenes look at the transformation of the Civic Centre on Thursday, March 30 and Friday, March 31.
The course will offer all the right information and skills needed for those who are looking to pursue higher education, including funding, study skills and individual subject topics.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
Registration is still open, and no other qualifications are needed.
To register for CU London Connect visit coventry.ac.uk/cul/study/connect