CU London opens its doors to its first cohort of students in Dagenham Civic Centre
- Credit: CU London
CU London has opened its doors to its first cohort of students.
The university, based in Dagenham Civic Centre, joins CU Coventry and CU Scarborough as part of the Coventry University group.
The university focuses on “high quality, low-cost, career-focused” education, which is flexibly structured to fit around students’ lives.
Students will be able to move between campuses at the end of the academic year.
Pro vice chancellor and CEO of CU Group, John Dishmnan, said: “The opening of CU London means we have now been able to take our flexible learning offer to a whole new level by giving students the chance to experience life in three completely different places and still study exactly the same course.”
You may also want to watch:
The university group were granted permission to use the Civic Centre to keep the building in use, following a campaign lead by Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing