Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time play to visit Dagenham schools
- Credit: Archant
A special stage version of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is coming to Dagenham schools.
The production, which is followed by a Q&A with the cast and creative team, will visit Dagenham Park School on October 31 and Jo Richardson Community School on November 1 as part of a second national schools tour.
Simon Stephens' play brings the best-selling and award-winning novel by Mark Haddon to the stage, directed by Marianne Elliott.
The tour forms part of a National Theatre (NT) drive to introduce new audiences and more young people to theatre.
NT director of learning Alice King-Farlow said: "This brilliant play is a fantastic first experience of theatre and we know from last year's tour that seeing a live professional production in your own school hall can have real impact."
You may also want to watch:
The tour is accompanied by a learning programme, which includes professional development for teachers led by the NT and Curious Incident movement directors Frantic Assembly, as well as curriculum-based resources and workshops.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 9 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 10 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces