Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time play to visit Dagenham schools
- Credit: Archant
A special stage version of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is coming to Dagenham schools.
The production, which is followed by a Q&A with the cast and creative team, will visit Dagenham Park School on October 31 and Jo Richardson Community School on November 1 as part of a second national schools tour.
Simon Stephens' play brings the best-selling and award-winning novel by Mark Haddon to the stage, directed by Marianne Elliott.
The tour forms part of a National Theatre (NT) drive to introduce new audiences and more young people to theatre.
NT director of learning Alice King-Farlow said: "This brilliant play is a fantastic first experience of theatre and we know from last year's tour that seeing a live professional production in your own school hall can have real impact."
You may also want to watch:
The tour is accompanied by a learning programme, which includes professional development for teachers led by the NT and Curious Incident movement directors Frantic Assembly, as well as curriculum-based resources and workshops.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out