Dagenham children’s centre receives top Ofsted report
A children’s centre helping parents lead more independent lives and secure jobs received a glowing Ofsted report yesterday.
Marsh Green children’s centre in New Road, Dagenham, was given top marks for its community work, excellent leadership and systems to protect children.
Parents also praised the centre which provides maternity services, job search and training and outreach family support.
Cllr John White, cabinet member for children’s services in Barking and Dagenham, said: “It is rewarding to hear how much children and families value this outstanding service.
“This result is a tremendous achievement which recognises the enormous work done at the centre and the impact that it has on people’s lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Council said Marsh Green was the seventh children’s centre to receive a top Ofsted report.
Ofsted inspectors said: “Marsh Green Children’s Centre is an outstanding children’s centre which plays an essential role at the heart of the community.” The inspection was carried out on October 2.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites