Dagenham children’s centre receives top Ofsted report
A children’s centre helping parents lead more independent lives and secure jobs received a glowing Ofsted report yesterday.
Marsh Green children’s centre in New Road, Dagenham, was given top marks for its community work, excellent leadership and systems to protect children.
Parents also praised the centre which provides maternity services, job search and training and outreach family support.
Cllr John White, cabinet member for children’s services in Barking and Dagenham, said: “It is rewarding to hear how much children and families value this outstanding service.
“This result is a tremendous achievement which recognises the enormous work done at the centre and the impact that it has on people’s lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Council said Marsh Green was the seventh children’s centre to receive a top Ofsted report.
Ofsted inspectors said: “Marsh Green Children’s Centre is an outstanding children’s centre which plays an essential role at the heart of the community.” The inspection was carried out on October 2.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham