Dagenham children’s centre receives top Ofsted report
A children’s centre helping parents lead more independent lives and secure jobs received a glowing Ofsted report yesterday.
Marsh Green children’s centre in New Road, Dagenham, was given top marks for its community work, excellent leadership and systems to protect children.
Parents also praised the centre which provides maternity services, job search and training and outreach family support.
Cllr John White, cabinet member for children’s services in Barking and Dagenham, said: “It is rewarding to hear how much children and families value this outstanding service.
“This result is a tremendous achievement which recognises the enormous work done at the centre and the impact that it has on people’s lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Council said Marsh Green was the seventh children’s centre to receive a top Ofsted report.
Ofsted inspectors said: “Marsh Green Children’s Centre is an outstanding children’s centre which plays an essential role at the heart of the community.” The inspection was carried out on October 2.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London