Dagenham dancers show off their moves
- Credit: Archant
Keen dancers strutted their stuff at a hotly-contested school dance competition.
Pupils from Sydney Russell School in Dagenham were among more than 600 secondary students to take part in the London Youth Games Dance Championships.
Troupes had to create an original dance using music of their choice.
The day featured a host of styles from street to jazz, contemporary to tap, and everything in between.
Abbs Cross Academy in Hornchurch were crowned winners of the event which took place in the Copper Box arena in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford on Wednesday last week.
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Affleck, development manager at the London Youth Games said: “The standard of the dancing was really, really high.”
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London