Dagenham dancers show off their moves
- Credit: Archant
Keen dancers strutted their stuff at a hotly-contested school dance competition.
Pupils from Sydney Russell School in Dagenham were among more than 600 secondary students to take part in the London Youth Games Dance Championships.
Troupes had to create an original dance using music of their choice.
The day featured a host of styles from street to jazz, contemporary to tap, and everything in between.
Abbs Cross Academy in Hornchurch were crowned winners of the event which took place in the Copper Box arena in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford on Wednesday last week.
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Affleck, development manager at the London Youth Games said: “The standard of the dancing was really, really high.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham