Dagenham dancers show off their moves
- Credit: Archant
Keen dancers strutted their stuff at a hotly-contested school dance competition.
Pupils from Sydney Russell School in Dagenham were among more than 600 secondary students to take part in the London Youth Games Dance Championships.
Troupes had to create an original dance using music of their choice.
The day featured a host of styles from street to jazz, contemporary to tap, and everything in between.
Abbs Cross Academy in Hornchurch were crowned winners of the event which took place in the Copper Box arena in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford on Wednesday last week.
Nicky Affleck, development manager at the London Youth Games said: “The standard of the dancing was really, really high.”
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 3 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter
- 10 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures