Dagenham dancers show off their moves
- Credit: Archant
Keen dancers strutted their stuff at a hotly-contested school dance competition.
Pupils from Sydney Russell School in Dagenham were among more than 600 secondary students to take part in the London Youth Games Dance Championships.
Troupes had to create an original dance using music of their choice.
The day featured a host of styles from street to jazz, contemporary to tap, and everything in between.
Abbs Cross Academy in Hornchurch were crowned winners of the event which took place in the Copper Box arena in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford on Wednesday last week.
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Affleck, development manager at the London Youth Games said: “The standard of the dancing was really, really high.”
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham