Dagenham Duke of Edinburgh adventurers receive gold awards
- Credit: Archant
Watch your back Bear Grylls – four students are hot on your heels.
James Green, Jessie Trimmer, Ezra Rimell and Jeddiah Rimell canoed a total of 150km down the River Wye and camped out on their own for four days to achieve the prestigious gold Duke of Edinburgh award.
Three of the four young adventurers received their certificates from world record swimmer Mark Foster and met Prince Phillip during a ceremony at St James’ Palace held last month.
All four completed their award at Dagenham’s Vibe Youth Centre in Becontree Avenue.
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment, said: “What these young people have accomplished is a great achievement – they are a credit to the borough.
“I hope all our young people take inspiration.”
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 7 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Man in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 10 House badly damaged by blaze in Dagenham