Dagenham Duke of Edinburgh adventurers receive gold awards
- Credit: Archant
Watch your back Bear Grylls – four students are hot on your heels.
James Green, Jessie Trimmer, Ezra Rimell and Jeddiah Rimell canoed a total of 150km down the River Wye and camped out on their own for four days to achieve the prestigious gold Duke of Edinburgh award.
Three of the four young adventurers received their certificates from world record swimmer Mark Foster and met Prince Phillip during a ceremony at St James’ Palace held last month.
All four completed their award at Dagenham’s Vibe Youth Centre in Becontree Avenue.
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment, said: “What these young people have accomplished is a great achievement – they are a credit to the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope all our young people take inspiration.”
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London