Dagenham education experts land �5k grant
An education organisation helping to put challenged pupils back on track has been given a new a lease of life after landing a �5,000 grant.
Superior Education in Alfred’s Way, Dagenham, uses one-to-one tuition and radio production to teach students who have dropped out of school.
The education experts celebrated today after receiving �5,000 from the Lloyds Banking Group Community Fund.
Senior tutor Jason Richards, 41, said: “We try and do things in unconventional ways rather than saying ‘you must read’.
“The fund has given us a life, it has given us guarantees – it is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lloyds community fund has allocated grants to 132 UK organisations this year. To find out more, log on to lloydsbankinggroup.com/community.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils