Dagenham education experts land �5k grant
An education organisation helping to put challenged pupils back on track has been given a new a lease of life after landing a �5,000 grant.
Superior Education in Alfred’s Way, Dagenham, uses one-to-one tuition and radio production to teach students who have dropped out of school.
The education experts celebrated today after receiving �5,000 from the Lloyds Banking Group Community Fund.
Senior tutor Jason Richards, 41, said: “We try and do things in unconventional ways rather than saying ‘you must read’.
“The fund has given us a life, it has given us guarantees – it is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lloyds community fund has allocated grants to 132 UK organisations this year. To find out more, log on to lloydsbankinggroup.com/community.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London