Dagenham fashionistas prepare for catwalk show
Wannabe hairdressers and couturiers will turn a salon into a fashion powerhouse by taking part in workshops culminating in a catwalk show this autumn.
Fashionistas aged 16 to 19 are invited to nurture their talents by joining training sessions to prepare for a Quest fashion show on September 3.
The teenagers will train at the Quest salon in Green Lane, Dagenham, up to three days a week between July and September.
They will be given a budget to create a catwalk model outfit, learn the basics of hairdressing and find out about visual merchandising and selling at a pop-up shop in the salon.
A spokesman said: “Quest summer projects are a great way to boost your practical skills and get accredited qualifications over the holidays, which look great on your CV.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of last year’s summer project graduates went on to apprenticeships, college or continued training with Quest.”
The hairdressing and fashion sessions are free but spaces are limited. For more information, call 020 8911 0760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
Note: Pix of hairdressers at work to be taken at the salon on Monday at noon