Dagenham fashionistas prepare for catwalk show
Wannabe hairdressers and couturiers will turn a salon into a fashion powerhouse by taking part in workshops culminating in a catwalk show this autumn.
Fashionistas aged 16 to 19 are invited to nurture their talents by joining training sessions to prepare for a Quest fashion show on September 3.
The teenagers will train at the Quest salon in Green Lane, Dagenham, up to three days a week between July and September.
They will be given a budget to create a catwalk model outfit, learn the basics of hairdressing and find out about visual merchandising and selling at a pop-up shop in the salon.
A spokesman said: “Quest summer projects are a great way to boost your practical skills and get accredited qualifications over the holidays, which look great on your CV.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of last year’s summer project graduates went on to apprenticeships, college or continued training with Quest.”
The hairdressing and fashion sessions are free but spaces are limited. For more information, call 020 8911 0760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
Note: Pix of hairdressers at work to be taken at the salon on Monday at noon