A-level results: Teenage entrepreneur among top achievers at Dagenham Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who runs his own clothing line is heading to university after achieving top grades in his exams.
Dagenham Park pupil Ademola Fadipe, from Becontree, got three distinctions - the top grade - in his business Btec and will be heading to Nottingham Trent to study fashion marketing.
The 18-year-old said: "This morning I was excited. I couldn't wait, mostly because of the fact that I'm going to uni. I'm going to experience moving out and meeting new people."
Of the 61 sixth form students at Dagenham Park, 55 will be going to university, four will be starting apprenticeships and the other two will be taking a gap year before university.
A quarter of those studying A-levels had at least one A or A* grade, including Olayinka Fagbemi, who achieved A*A*A and will be studying medicine at Plymouth University.
You may also want to watch:
Director of sixth form Annalisa Smith said: "The sixth form is going form strength to strength. I'm very proud of our students' success and destinations."
- 1 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 8 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 9 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting