A-level results: Teenage entrepreneur among top achievers at Dagenham Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who runs his own clothing line is heading to university after achieving top grades in his exams.
Dagenham Park pupil Ademola Fadipe, from Becontree, got three distinctions - the top grade - in his business Btec and will be heading to Nottingham Trent to study fashion marketing.
The 18-year-old said: "This morning I was excited. I couldn't wait, mostly because of the fact that I'm going to uni. I'm going to experience moving out and meeting new people."
Of the 61 sixth form students at Dagenham Park, 55 will be going to university, four will be starting apprenticeships and the other two will be taking a gap year before university.
A quarter of those studying A-levels had at least one A or A* grade, including Olayinka Fagbemi, who achieved A*A*A and will be studying medicine at Plymouth University.
You may also want to watch:
Director of sixth form Annalisa Smith said: "The sixth form is going form strength to strength. I'm very proud of our students' success and destinations."
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham