GCSE results: Big progress at Dagenham Park, says school
- Credit: Dagenham Park
Dagenham Park secondary has seen passes in English and maths jump 12 per cent as pupils open their GCSE results.
The grades are some of the best ever at Dagenham Park, according to the school.
In total, 55 per cent of pupils passed both maths and English.
The sciences saw students earn some of the top grades, with half of biology students getting a 7 (B) or above.
"I'm delighted with the improvements that have been made since being appointed acting head of school at Dagenham Park," said head of school Chris Ash, who gained the position in February last year.
"To see a significant improvement in attainment and progress in all headline measures within this time period is a testament to the hard work of both students and staff.
"The school has undergone significant changes in the last 18 months, resulting in outstanding examination results.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 6 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 9 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 10 Man in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
"I am sure that this will continue to improve in the years to come and it is an exciting time to be at Dagenham Park"