GCSE results: Big progress at Dagenham Park, says school
- Credit: Dagenham Park
Dagenham Park secondary has seen passes in English and maths jump 12 per cent as pupils open their GCSE results.
The grades are some of the best ever at Dagenham Park, according to the school.
In total, 55 per cent of pupils passed both maths and English.
The sciences saw students earn some of the top grades, with half of biology students getting a 7 (B) or above.
"I'm delighted with the improvements that have been made since being appointed acting head of school at Dagenham Park," said head of school Chris Ash, who gained the position in February last year.
You may also want to watch:
"To see a significant improvement in attainment and progress in all headline measures within this time period is a testament to the hard work of both students and staff.
"The school has undergone significant changes in the last 18 months, resulting in outstanding examination results.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
"I am sure that this will continue to improve in the years to come and it is an exciting time to be at Dagenham Park"