Dagenham schoolboy earns Eton scholarship
- Credit: Dagenham Park
A teenager will be following in the footsteps of royalty after earning a scholarship to Eton.
Dagenham Park pupil Muhamary Kiherille was among just 12 boys in the country to win an Orwell Award, allowing him to study at the prestigious school’s sixth form.
The programme offers fully-funded sixth form places to Year 11 boys studying in state schools.
Muhamary said: “I am so excited about going to Eton and cannot wait to get started.
“I have had a great five years at Dagenham Park and want to thank all the teachers for all their help and support so I could achieve my dream.”
You may also want to watch:
Dagenham Park head of school Chris Ash added: “We are delighted by Muhamary’s achievement and wish him every success in the future.”
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 5 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week