Dagenham schoolboy earns Eton scholarship
- Credit: Dagenham Park
A teenager will be following in the footsteps of royalty after earning a scholarship to Eton.
Dagenham Park pupil Muhamary Kiherille was among just 12 boys in the country to win an Orwell Award, allowing him to study at the prestigious school’s sixth form.
The programme offers fully-funded sixth form places to Year 11 boys studying in state schools.
Muhamary said: “I am so excited about going to Eton and cannot wait to get started.
“I have had a great five years at Dagenham Park and want to thank all the teachers for all their help and support so I could achieve my dream.”
You may also want to watch:
Dagenham Park head of school Chris Ash added: “We are delighted by Muhamary’s achievement and wish him every success in the future.”
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 5 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 8 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder