Dagenham primary school closed due to water supply problem
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A water supply problem has forced a Dagenham primary school to close for two days.
Parents were called to pick up their children for Manor Longbridge Primary School, in Scholars Way, on Friday due to a problem with the water supply.
A statement on the school’s website confirmed that plumbers were trying to solve the problem but as of Sunday evening, had been unable to do so and parents would have to keep their children home the next day.
Today, Year 6 pupils were asked to attend Manor Infants School, in Sandringham Road, instead, where they would be taught by their normal teachers.
Pupils in the rest of the school were provided with a variety of tasks to complete at home.
But parents have criticised the lack of communication from the school, with one mum, who asked to remain anonymous, saying: “Us parents are fuming. We were called at 1.45pm [on Friday] and told to come and collect our children and have heard nothing since.
“We have to sort out childcare as many of us are working and we have no idea when the school will re-open.”
- 1 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend
A Barking and Dagenham Council spokesman said: “Contractors are currently working to restore services and we anticipate having the school open for Thursday.
“The school have and continue to provide timely information to parents via their website and group text.”