Dagenham primary school closed due to water supply problem
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A water supply problem has forced a Dagenham primary school to close for two days.
Parents were called to pick up their children for Manor Longbridge Primary School, in Scholars Way, on Friday due to a problem with the water supply.
A statement on the school’s website confirmed that plumbers were trying to solve the problem but as of Sunday evening, had been unable to do so and parents would have to keep their children home the next day.
Today, Year 6 pupils were asked to attend Manor Infants School, in Sandringham Road, instead, where they would be taught by their normal teachers.
Pupils in the rest of the school were provided with a variety of tasks to complete at home.
You may also want to watch:
But parents have criticised the lack of communication from the school, with one mum, who asked to remain anonymous, saying: “Us parents are fuming. We were called at 1.45pm [on Friday] and told to come and collect our children and have heard nothing since.
“We have to sort out childcare as many of us are working and we have no idea when the school will re-open.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
A Barking and Dagenham Council spokesman said: “Contractors are currently working to restore services and we anticipate having the school open for Thursday.
“The school have and continue to provide timely information to parents via their website and group text.”