Dagenham primary school closed due to water supply problem
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A water supply problem has forced a Dagenham primary school to close for two days.
Parents were called to pick up their children for Manor Longbridge Primary School, in Scholars Way, on Friday due to a problem with the water supply.
A statement on the school’s website confirmed that plumbers were trying to solve the problem but as of Sunday evening, had been unable to do so and parents would have to keep their children home the next day.
Today, Year 6 pupils were asked to attend Manor Infants School, in Sandringham Road, instead, where they would be taught by their normal teachers.
Pupils in the rest of the school were provided with a variety of tasks to complete at home.
You may also want to watch:
But parents have criticised the lack of communication from the school, with one mum, who asked to remain anonymous, saying: “Us parents are fuming. We were called at 1.45pm [on Friday] and told to come and collect our children and have heard nothing since.
“We have to sort out childcare as many of us are working and we have no idea when the school will re-open.”
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
A Barking and Dagenham Council spokesman said: “Contractors are currently working to restore services and we anticipate having the school open for Thursday.
“The school have and continue to provide timely information to parents via their website and group text.”