Dagenham primary school reopens after water supply problem forces it to close
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Pupils have returned to Manor Longbridge Primary School today after it was closed due to a water supply problem.
Children had been sent home early from the Scholars Way, Dagenham school on Friday afternoon, and were kept off for three days this week while plumbers attempted to solve the problem.
Some classes were taught at Manor Infants School while the remainder were given work to complete at home.
The school has reopened this morning for all classes.
A statement on the school’s website said: “The engineers have completed a temporary solution that will enable us to have water while a permanent fix is sought.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful for your patience while we were forced to close and apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused.”
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 5 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog