Dagenham primary school reopens after water supply problem forces it to close
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Pupils have returned to Manor Longbridge Primary School today after it was closed due to a water supply problem.
Children had been sent home early from the Scholars Way, Dagenham school on Friday afternoon, and were kept off for three days this week while plumbers attempted to solve the problem.
Some classes were taught at Manor Infants School while the remainder were given work to complete at home.
The school has reopened this morning for all classes.
A statement on the school’s website said: “The engineers have completed a temporary solution that will enable us to have water while a permanent fix is sought.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful for your patience while we were forced to close and apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused.”
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 5 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 6 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking