Dagenham pupil praised for helping boy being bullied on the bus
- Credit: N Pauro
A schoolboy from Dagenham who stepped in when another pupil was being bullied on the bus has been rewarded for his actions.
Ayodeji Okunowo, who is in Year 11 at All Saints Catholic School, intervened when a young boy from another school was being picked on by other pupils on the bus home.
While others had their headphones in and ignored what was going on, Ayodeji stood up for the other boy and made sure the bullying stopped.
He then escorted him home safely, walking the boy to his front door.
And Ayodeji didn’t boast about his actions on social media either, instead getting on with studying for his GCSEs.
It was only when the bullied boy’s mum called the Terling Road school’s headteacher, Clare Cantle, to praise Ayodeji that the school was aware of what happened, and decided to make the teenager a prefect as recognition of his actions.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick