Dagenham pupil praised for helping boy being bullied on the bus
- Credit: N Pauro
A schoolboy from Dagenham who stepped in when another pupil was being bullied on the bus has been rewarded for his actions.
Ayodeji Okunowo, who is in Year 11 at All Saints Catholic School, intervened when a young boy from another school was being picked on by other pupils on the bus home.
While others had their headphones in and ignored what was going on, Ayodeji stood up for the other boy and made sure the bullying stopped.
He then escorted him home safely, walking the boy to his front door.
And Ayodeji didn’t boast about his actions on social media either, instead getting on with studying for his GCSEs.
You may also want to watch:
It was only when the bullied boy’s mum called the Terling Road school’s headteacher, Clare Cantle, to praise Ayodeji that the school was aware of what happened, and decided to make the teenager a prefect as recognition of his actions.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal