Dagenham pupil praised for helping boy being bullied on the bus
- Credit: N Pauro
A schoolboy from Dagenham who stepped in when another pupil was being bullied on the bus has been rewarded for his actions.
Ayodeji Okunowo, who is in Year 11 at All Saints Catholic School, intervened when a young boy from another school was being picked on by other pupils on the bus home.
While others had their headphones in and ignored what was going on, Ayodeji stood up for the other boy and made sure the bullying stopped.
He then escorted him home safely, walking the boy to his front door.
And Ayodeji didn’t boast about his actions on social media either, instead getting on with studying for his GCSEs.
You may also want to watch:
It was only when the bullied boy’s mum called the Terling Road school’s headteacher, Clare Cantle, to praise Ayodeji that the school was aware of what happened, and decided to make the teenager a prefect as recognition of his actions.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 9 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 10 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham