Dagenham pupils create new art space
- Credit: Archant
School pupils put themselves in the frame to launch their very own gallery at Valence House.
Year one pupils from Five Elms Primary School in Wood Lane, Dagenham, produced work on the theme of William Morris.
Friday’s opening was the culmination of a ten week skills-based project with Enabling Enterprise.
Pupils were involved with all aspects of setting up the gallery from curating the exhibition to publicising the opening.
Education officer Chantelle Scott, from Enabling Enterprise said: “They were just generally quite excited that they got to be artists and they loved being curators as well.
“The children learned about planning and skills they will take into any career.”
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition