Dagenham pupils create new art space
- Credit: Archant
School pupils put themselves in the frame to launch their very own gallery at Valence House.
Year one pupils from Five Elms Primary School in Wood Lane, Dagenham, produced work on the theme of William Morris.
Friday’s opening was the culmination of a ten week skills-based project with Enabling Enterprise.
Pupils were involved with all aspects of setting up the gallery from curating the exhibition to publicising the opening.
Education officer Chantelle Scott, from Enabling Enterprise said: “They were just generally quite excited that they got to be artists and they loved being curators as well.
You may also want to watch:
“The children learned about planning and skills they will take into any career.”
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash