Dagenham pupils create new art space
- Credit: Archant
School pupils put themselves in the frame to launch their very own gallery at Valence House.
Year one pupils from Five Elms Primary School in Wood Lane, Dagenham, produced work on the theme of William Morris.
Friday’s opening was the culmination of a ten week skills-based project with Enabling Enterprise.
Pupils were involved with all aspects of setting up the gallery from curating the exhibition to publicising the opening.
Education officer Chantelle Scott, from Enabling Enterprise said: “They were just generally quite excited that they got to be artists and they loved being curators as well.
You may also want to watch:
“The children learned about planning and skills they will take into any career.”
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets