Dagenham pupils delight audiences with Oliver!
- Credit: Archant
Talented students left audiences wanting more with their production of Oliver! last week.
The three-night run at Jo Richardson School involved pupils of all ages and featured year eight star Logan Grain in the title role.
Head of drama and production director Catherine Cook praised the performances of the pupils – particularly James Haynes who played Fagin and Paige Toms who played Nancy – and insists everyone involved should consider themselves very proud.
“It was a resounding success,” she said. “We had loads of positive feedback from members of the public and staff.
“One of the nicest things was to see the relationships that we made through it into other year groups, particularly children in year eight hanging out with the year 13s.”
You may also want to watch:
Although the drama department will enjoy a well-earned break, after reviewing the situation Ms Cook insists they’ll be back soon with another production.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay