Dagenham pupils delight audiences with Oliver!
- Credit: Archant
Talented students left audiences wanting more with their production of Oliver! last week.
The three-night run at Jo Richardson School involved pupils of all ages and featured year eight star Logan Grain in the title role.
Head of drama and production director Catherine Cook praised the performances of the pupils – particularly James Haynes who played Fagin and Paige Toms who played Nancy – and insists everyone involved should consider themselves very proud.
“It was a resounding success,” she said. “We had loads of positive feedback from members of the public and staff.
“One of the nicest things was to see the relationships that we made through it into other year groups, particularly children in year eight hanging out with the year 13s.”
You may also want to watch:
Although the drama department will enjoy a well-earned break, after reviewing the situation Ms Cook insists they’ll be back soon with another production.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 8 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed