Dagenham pupils delight audiences with Oliver!
- Credit: Archant
Talented students left audiences wanting more with their production of Oliver! last week.
The three-night run at Jo Richardson School involved pupils of all ages and featured year eight star Logan Grain in the title role.
Head of drama and production director Catherine Cook praised the performances of the pupils – particularly James Haynes who played Fagin and Paige Toms who played Nancy – and insists everyone involved should consider themselves very proud.
“It was a resounding success,” she said. “We had loads of positive feedback from members of the public and staff.
“One of the nicest things was to see the relationships that we made through it into other year groups, particularly children in year eight hanging out with the year 13s.”
You may also want to watch:
Although the drama department will enjoy a well-earned break, after reviewing the situation Ms Cook insists they’ll be back soon with another production.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash