Dagenham pupils take to The O2 stage in spectacular Young Voices performance
- Credit: Archant
Dagenham pupils joined 8,000 schoolchildren and professional artists in taking to the stage for a spectacular performance at The O2 Arena.
Goresbrook School choir performed as part of Young Voices 2020 at the iconic venue on February 5, singing and dancing to 12 songs ranging from Beethoven to Queen throughout the evening.
The 68 children from the Cook Road school got to meet some of the inspirational solo artists they sang with, including Ruti, The Shires and Tony Hadley.
They heard from the professional musicians about their journey into music and watched as they showcased their abilities.
Each year, the Young Voices programme brings together thousands of primary aged pupils to stage group concerts in some of the UK's largest performance venues.
You may also want to watch:
Executive principal Dave Ellison said: "Throughout the rehearsal process and during the concert itself, the pupils put in a lot of hard work and commitment and their enthusiasm really shone through."
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside