Dagenham pupils take to The O2 stage in spectacular Young Voices performance
- Credit: Archant
Dagenham pupils joined 8,000 schoolchildren and professional artists in taking to the stage for a spectacular performance at The O2 Arena.
Goresbrook School choir performed as part of Young Voices 2020 at the iconic venue on February 5, singing and dancing to 12 songs ranging from Beethoven to Queen throughout the evening.
The 68 children from the Cook Road school got to meet some of the inspirational solo artists they sang with, including Ruti, The Shires and Tony Hadley.
They heard from the professional musicians about their journey into music and watched as they showcased their abilities.
Each year, the Young Voices programme brings together thousands of primary aged pupils to stage group concerts in some of the UK's largest performance venues.
You may also want to watch:
Executive principal Dave Ellison said: "Throughout the rehearsal process and during the concert itself, the pupils put in a lot of hard work and commitment and their enthusiasm really shone through."
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 10 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend