Dagenham pupils take to The O2 stage in spectacular Young Voices performance
- Credit: Archant
Dagenham pupils joined 8,000 schoolchildren and professional artists in taking to the stage for a spectacular performance at The O2 Arena.
Goresbrook School choir performed as part of Young Voices 2020 at the iconic venue on February 5, singing and dancing to 12 songs ranging from Beethoven to Queen throughout the evening.
The 68 children from the Cook Road school got to meet some of the inspirational solo artists they sang with, including Ruti, The Shires and Tony Hadley.
They heard from the professional musicians about their journey into music and watched as they showcased their abilities.
Each year, the Young Voices programme brings together thousands of primary aged pupils to stage group concerts in some of the UK's largest performance venues.
You may also want to watch:
Executive principal Dave Ellison said: "Throughout the rehearsal process and during the concert itself, the pupils put in a lot of hard work and commitment and their enthusiasm really shone through."
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences