Dagenham pupils’ joy over gym gear donation
Dagenham pupils can now get super fit after a collection of weights and toning equipment was donated by a gym.
All Saints School in Terling Road sprang into action on Friday after a health club gave away old equipment, including 12 steps and eight sets of weights, to PE teacher Kerry Tabb.
Kerry, 24, said: “It will be a real bonus for us. Girls will enjoy sessions more and boys will use it for training for sit-ups, and their triceps.”
Kerry noticed the steps and weights had started to disappear from her gym in Chigwell, Essex.
The Virgin active health club was apparently considering donating the equipment or even scrapping it.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry added: “We’ve had nothing like that before.
“It means we can increase our range of activities.”
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London