Dagenham pupils’ joy over gym gear donation
Dagenham pupils can now get super fit after a collection of weights and toning equipment was donated by a gym.
All Saints School in Terling Road sprang into action on Friday after a health club gave away old equipment, including 12 steps and eight sets of weights, to PE teacher Kerry Tabb.
Kerry, 24, said: “It will be a real bonus for us. Girls will enjoy sessions more and boys will use it for training for sit-ups, and their triceps.”
Kerry noticed the steps and weights had started to disappear from her gym in Chigwell, Essex.
The Virgin active health club was apparently considering donating the equipment or even scrapping it.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry added: “We’ve had nothing like that before.
“It means we can increase our range of activities.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites