Dagenham pupils’ joy over gym gear donation
Dagenham pupils can now get super fit after a collection of weights and toning equipment was donated by a gym.
All Saints School in Terling Road sprang into action on Friday after a health club gave away old equipment, including 12 steps and eight sets of weights, to PE teacher Kerry Tabb.
Kerry, 24, said: “It will be a real bonus for us. Girls will enjoy sessions more and boys will use it for training for sit-ups, and their triceps.”
Kerry noticed the steps and weights had started to disappear from her gym in Chigwell, Essex.
The Virgin active health club was apparently considering donating the equipment or even scrapping it.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry added: “We’ve had nothing like that before.
“It means we can increase our range of activities.”
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 5 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day