Dagenham pupils ‘Russel up a Pizza’ for Russel
- Credit: Archant
More than 500 children had fun making pizzas to raise money for a fellow pupil who needs a life-changing operation.
The youngsters at Godwin Primary School, in Finnymore Road, Dagenham, each made a mini pizza while also donating a small sum of money as part of the ‘Russel Up a Pizza’ event last week.
More than £200 was raised and will be given to cerebral-palsy sufferer and Year 4 Godwin pupil Russel Duffield.
Russell is wheelchair bound and needs £60,000 so he can receive an operation in America that could help him walk.
Shops Bookers, Asda and Morrisons, all in Dagenham, donated pizza ingredients.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Russel and how you can help fundraising efforts, go to russelsfunraiser.co.uk.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post