Dagenham pupils ‘Russel up a Pizza’ for Russel
- Credit: Archant
More than 500 children had fun making pizzas to raise money for a fellow pupil who needs a life-changing operation.
The youngsters at Godwin Primary School, in Finnymore Road, Dagenham, each made a mini pizza while also donating a small sum of money as part of the ‘Russel Up a Pizza’ event last week.
More than £200 was raised and will be given to cerebral-palsy sufferer and Year 4 Godwin pupil Russel Duffield.
Russell is wheelchair bound and needs £60,000 so he can receive an operation in America that could help him walk.
Shops Bookers, Asda and Morrisons, all in Dagenham, donated pizza ingredients.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Russel and how you can help fundraising efforts, go to russelsfunraiser.co.uk.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted