Dagenham pupils ‘Russel up a Pizza’ for Russel
- Credit: Archant
More than 500 children had fun making pizzas to raise money for a fellow pupil who needs a life-changing operation.
The youngsters at Godwin Primary School, in Finnymore Road, Dagenham, each made a mini pizza while also donating a small sum of money as part of the ‘Russel Up a Pizza’ event last week.
More than £200 was raised and will be given to cerebral-palsy sufferer and Year 4 Godwin pupil Russel Duffield.
Russell is wheelchair bound and needs £60,000 so he can receive an operation in America that could help him walk.
Shops Bookers, Asda and Morrisons, all in Dagenham, donated pizza ingredients.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Russel and how you can help fundraising efforts, go to russelsfunraiser.co.uk.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback