Dagenham school celebrates country with ‘best of British’ week
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Dagenham school have spent a week celebrating everything they love about the country.
Richard Alibon Primary School hosted a ‘best of British’ week, featuring a host of activities themed around the nation.
And the fun was topped off with a traditional street party - held inside the Alibon Road school, of course, given the cold weather.
Youngsters made their own hats and flags representing one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom to wear and wave during the party, which saw them tuck into a selection of tasty snacks.
There was even a special guest to open the festivities - mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Sanchia Alasia.
Other activities during the week saw pupils learn about famous British people and make traditional food such as Welsh cakes.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 10 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport