Dagenham school celebrates country with ‘best of British’ week
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Dagenham school have spent a week celebrating everything they love about the country.
Richard Alibon Primary School hosted a ‘best of British’ week, featuring a host of activities themed around the nation.
And the fun was topped off with a traditional street party - held inside the Alibon Road school, of course, given the cold weather.
Youngsters made their own hats and flags representing one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom to wear and wave during the party, which saw them tuck into a selection of tasty snacks.
There was even a special guest to open the festivities - mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Sanchia Alasia.
You may also want to watch:
Other activities during the week saw pupils learn about famous British people and make traditional food such as Welsh cakes.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed