Dagenham school celebrates country with ‘best of British’ week
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Dagenham school have spent a week celebrating everything they love about the country.
Richard Alibon Primary School hosted a ‘best of British’ week, featuring a host of activities themed around the nation.
And the fun was topped off with a traditional street party - held inside the Alibon Road school, of course, given the cold weather.
Youngsters made their own hats and flags representing one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom to wear and wave during the party, which saw them tuck into a selection of tasty snacks.
There was even a special guest to open the festivities - mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Sanchia Alasia.
You may also want to watch:
Other activities during the week saw pupils learn about famous British people and make traditional food such as Welsh cakes.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead