Dagenham school holds Great British (Exercise) Bike Off
- Credit: Sydney Russell School
Pupils at Sydney Russell School put the pedal to the metal in a race to win their coveted House Cup.
Teams representing each of the Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham secondary school’s five houses cycled for four and a half hours on Tuesday for the second annual Bikeathon.
Staff and students took turns on exercise bikes provided by a local gym, amid cheering pupils and adrenaline-pumping music.
“It was a great event that got the whole school buzzing,” said principal Janis Davis.
When the final whistle sounded at 3.30pm, officials found team Centaur had gone the distance and covered the most miles.
You may also want to watch:
They picked up the precious prize of 100 points towards this year’s House Cup.
“This was an amazing victory for engagement and physical activity here at the school,” said Phoebe Darwin, the school’s enrichment programme coordinator.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night