Dagenham school holds Great British (Exercise) Bike Off
- Credit: Sydney Russell School
Pupils at Sydney Russell School put the pedal to the metal in a race to win their coveted House Cup.
Teams representing each of the Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham secondary school’s five houses cycled for four and a half hours on Tuesday for the second annual Bikeathon.
Staff and students took turns on exercise bikes provided by a local gym, amid cheering pupils and adrenaline-pumping music.
“It was a great event that got the whole school buzzing,” said principal Janis Davis.
When the final whistle sounded at 3.30pm, officials found team Centaur had gone the distance and covered the most miles.
You may also want to watch:
They picked up the precious prize of 100 points towards this year’s House Cup.
“This was an amazing victory for engagement and physical activity here at the school,” said Phoebe Darwin, the school’s enrichment programme coordinator.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault