Dagenham school run raises almost £3k for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Primary school pupils raised almost £3,000 for charity.
Youngsters from Beam County in Dagenham took part in Race for Life for Cancer Research UK.
Every child completed the mile-long route, raising £2,886.35 in the process.
Year 3 teacher Kim Cerri, who organised the fundraiser, said: “It is an amazing amount to have raised at a school with only 600 pupils – one child even raised £440 on their own.
“They understood the seriousness of it and at the same time had lots of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The amount raised is a record amount for the Oval Road North school.
Kim organised the race as her friend’s son had leukaemia when he was younger.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites