Dagenham school run raises almost £3k for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Primary school pupils raised almost £3,000 for charity.
Youngsters from Beam County in Dagenham took part in Race for Life for Cancer Research UK.
Every child completed the mile-long route, raising £2,886.35 in the process.
Year 3 teacher Kim Cerri, who organised the fundraiser, said: “It is an amazing amount to have raised at a school with only 600 pupils – one child even raised £440 on their own.
“They understood the seriousness of it and at the same time had lots of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The amount raised is a record amount for the Oval Road North school.
Kim organised the race as her friend’s son had leukaemia when he was younger.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London