Dagenham school run raises almost £3k for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Primary school pupils raised almost £3,000 for charity.
Youngsters from Beam County in Dagenham took part in Race for Life for Cancer Research UK.
Every child completed the mile-long route, raising £2,886.35 in the process.
Year 3 teacher Kim Cerri, who organised the fundraiser, said: “It is an amazing amount to have raised at a school with only 600 pupils – one child even raised £440 on their own.
“They understood the seriousness of it and at the same time had lots of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The amount raised is a record amount for the Oval Road North school.
Kim organised the race as her friend’s son had leukaemia when he was younger.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham