Dagenham youngsters win London-wide competition
- Credit: Stewart Stevens
Pupils from a Dagenham primary school are celebrating winning a capital-wide competition.
Youngsters from Southwood Primary School in Keppel Road, demonstrated their skills in a range of disability sports events to win the Panathlon London primary plate final at the Copper Box Arena last week.
PE teacher Stewart Stevens said: "The children, parents and teachers always thoroughly enjoy every Panathlon we attend.
"To see the smiles and enjoyment of every single child throughout the event makes it all worthwhile.
"Our children couldn't wait to get back to school and show all the children and teachers their trophies and medals.
You may also want to watch:
"They walked around the school like the champions they are."
The primary plate was contested by schools who finished second in their borough qualifying events.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night