Dagenham youngsters win London-wide competition
- Credit: Stewart Stevens
Pupils from a Dagenham primary school are celebrating winning a capital-wide competition.
Youngsters from Southwood Primary School in Keppel Road, demonstrated their skills in a range of disability sports events to win the Panathlon London primary plate final at the Copper Box Arena last week.
PE teacher Stewart Stevens said: "The children, parents and teachers always thoroughly enjoy every Panathlon we attend.
"To see the smiles and enjoyment of every single child throughout the event makes it all worthwhile.
"Our children couldn't wait to get back to school and show all the children and teachers their trophies and medals.
You may also want to watch:
"They walked around the school like the champions they are."
The primary plate was contested by schools who finished second in their borough qualifying events.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault