Dagenham youngsters win London-wide competition
- Credit: Stewart Stevens
Pupils from a Dagenham primary school are celebrating winning a capital-wide competition.
Youngsters from Southwood Primary School in Keppel Road, demonstrated their skills in a range of disability sports events to win the Panathlon London primary plate final at the Copper Box Arena last week.
PE teacher Stewart Stevens said: "The children, parents and teachers always thoroughly enjoy every Panathlon we attend.
"To see the smiles and enjoyment of every single child throughout the event makes it all worthwhile.
"Our children couldn't wait to get back to school and show all the children and teachers their trophies and medals.
You may also want to watch:
"They walked around the school like the champions they are."
The primary plate was contested by schools who finished second in their borough qualifying events.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils